Chapter 1: Do You Really Want To Sell?
- Are you ready to sell or just testing the market?
- Letting go.
- What’s next?
Chapter 2: How To Prepare To Sell Your Business On Your Own
- The truth about business brokers and other professionals.
- No commission means a lower price to the buyer.
- Cleaning up your business.
Chapter 3: The Marketing Package
- Everything a qualified buyer & banker need to know to make a decision.
- Financial statements.
- Opinion of value.
- Disclaimers and ways to protect yourself.
Chapter 4: Basic Accounting For The Small Business
- Income Statement.
- Balance Sheet.
- Pro-Forma Cash Flows.
- Recasting statements.
- EBITDA (the real “bottom line”).
Chapter 5: What Is Your Business Worth?
- Asset Based Approach.
- Market Approach.
- Income Approach.
Chapter 6: Canadian Tax Considerations When Selling
- Do I sell my assets or shares?
- Canadian capital gains exemption.
Chapter 7: Business Brokers And Other Professionals For The Seller
- Business Brokers.
- Mergers & Acquisitions Specialists (M&A).
- Real estate agents.
- Chartered Accountants.
- Business Valuation Experts.
Chapter 8: How To Find Buyers For Canadian Business
- Websites that list Canadian businesses for sale.
- Trade and magazine publications.
- Friends and relatives.
- Immigrant buyers.
Chapter 9: Maintaining Confidentiality
Chapter 10: Qualifying The Buyer
- The 5 types of buyers.
- The top 10 types of unqualified buyers.
Chapter 11: Receiving The Offer
- Closing date.
- Non-compete clause.
Chapter 12: Realistic Expectations About Buyers
Chapter 13: 26 Point Checklist All Sellers Need To Complete
Chapter 14: Transition Period As A Consultant Or An Employee For The Seller
Chapter 15: The Top 10 Insider Secrets From Business Brokers That All Sellers Need To Know